Saturday, August 27, 2011

When Love Rains, Heart Takes Cover!

[This post is an extract of the abstract playing at the back of my mind. It has taken so long for me to release it and share it here.]

It was when she tucked that little strand of her hair, falling across her face, behind her ear, I first noticed the smell. She did that with quite elegance while the intensity of the smell started its vigor. Drops of water vapor, stuck to the sides of her goblet, trickled down as she lifted it to her pouty lips and rested it there for few seconds as if she was drinking the holy water offered by the priest. Damn that is when I noticed her puckered nose. It was strange that I hadn’t paid attention to it before. While I adored that pucker, she caught me unaware with her eyes and narrowed her brows. A sly smile cornered her lips, while what-are-you-staring-at expression occupied her face. I gave, gently, a nod to imply nothing. Her smile extended a little, making her all the more irresistible.

By the by, what was that smell which was increasing at a very fast pace? It was strong but relishing causing an indefinite intoxication which I seemed to enjoy but what was it! The pleasant music playing in the background and the dimmed lightings of a posh suburban restaurant clichéd that romantic scene, as if it was rip off a movie. Perhaps karma favored me that occasion, because my sense of humor was at its zenith. She smiled a little, laughed a lot and reciprocated the apparent presence of someone whom she wanted to be with. I decelerated my verbal communication while rapidly accelerated eye to eye interactions. They seemed to convey more. That is when she said, “It feels good to be with you”.

My mind dropped a white screen and projected all the pregnant possibilities that sentence carried, on it. When my mind was indurating few possibilities, the bartender disrupted my thoughts and asked, “Sir what do you call for, another round or a check?”

Until then the view was from behind me and it was as if the camera track shot-ed 180 degrees coming to the front, semi circumference-ing me. I oblige my mind to look at her. When I realize the un-presence of her, I find myself sitting alone at the bar counter, facing the bartender. That is when I snatch the reality and notice the smell disappear. The smell was nothing but my ‘Love’ for her.

I reply to him, “Another round of my usual scotch and neat!”

4 comments: